How To Choose Right Designer Handbag: A Buying Guide
A designer handbag is what every girl wish to own. A designer handbag represents your lifestyle and personality. Designer handbags are not cheap; you have to spend a significant amount of money to buy one. But their quality and design make it worth the price. You have to be careful while choosing the designer handbag; you don’t want to spend a huge amount of money blindly. So I made a list of DO’s which will help you choose a right designer handbag for yourself.
- 1 How To Choose Right Designer Handbag: A Buying Guide
- 2 Top Five Designers in the world of handbags
How To Choose Right Designer Handbag: A Buying Guide
Set a Budget
The first thing you need to do is set your budget. You don’t have to set your budget high. There are some designer handbags which cost around $200-300 like Rebecca Minkoff, Marc by Marc Jacobs, etc. You should set your budget according to your need like if you want celebrity like designer handbags then you have to spend a lot of money.
Pick Few Designers
Next thing you would want to do is choosing some designers you like. You should select designer according to your budget. If your budget is high, then you should go for Chanel, Prada, Louis Vuitton, etc. If your budget is low, then you should pick up Rebecca Minkoff, Kate Spade, and Michael Kors, etc. I will make a list top designer at the below of this post so make sure you read it till the end.
Choose Right Bag Type
Once you have your budget and designer, you should decide what kind of bag do you need or want. Obviously, you know there are different types of bags available in the market. Bags like a tote bag, laptop bag, shoulder bag, evening bag, and so more. In my future post, I will cover bags by type so stay connected.
Find a Bag that Represents You
Now the most important part comes, you should find which suits you. You should select a bag which will represent your personality, attitude and lifestyle. For example, if you are a student then obviously you should buy a tote to carry books and other accessories.
Check for Quality
Just because it is expensive bag doesn’t mean it is a durable bag. How long will a bag last? Depends on the material which is used to make the bag. You don’t want to spend huge amount of money on some six or seven month’s bag. You want it to last for at least three or four years, and you want it to look brand new every time you wear it. I recommend you look at our top ten genuine leather handbags review.
Top Five Designers in the world of handbags
Prada is an Italian luxurious brand which produces leather and fashion items such as handbags, shoes, luggage, etc. Prada was founded by the Mario Prada in 1913. Prada is most popular in the world of handbags. It produces high-end, and often celebrity are captured carrying a Prada bag.
How to check authenticity of Prada handbags
- It should have an exterior logo and the letter “R” on word PRADA should have curved leg, not a straight leg.
- Interior fabric will have the word PRADA printed all over.
- Every hardware of the handbag will have PRADA logo embossed on it like on the zippers, buckles, etc.
Chanel is a French company which was founded in 1909. Same as Prada, Chanel is also popular in handbags world. Chanel handbags are the most expensive handbags, and they ensure quality. In the past, Queens of different area used Chanel bags. Besides handbags, they also produce product like fragrance, watch, etc.
How to check authenticity of Chanel handbags
- Check for Chanel logo, it has two interlocking “C” letters which face away from each other.
- Check for authenticity card. A Chanel bag comes with an authenticity card.
- On the internal of the bag there is serial number, find it!!
Versace is an Italian fashion company which was founded in 1978 by the Gianni Versace. The first boutique of Versace was founded in Italy in 1978, and soon it captured the international market. The reason behind its increasing demand was functionality, design and quality. They believe in satisfying the consumer.
How to check authenticity of Versace Handbag
- To verify the authenticity of a Versace bag all you need is a 12 digit Certilogo. You can find this 12 digit code on the interior tag or on card. After you find the 12 digit code go to Versace Certilogo Verifier website, enter the code and verify it. http://versace.certilogo.com
Louis Vuitton is French fashion house which is also known as LV. It was founded in 1854 by Louis Vuitton. Louis Vuitton is one of the most reputed and leading brands in handbags world. They also produce leather items such shoes and other accessories. Louis Vuitton is very much expensive brand, so it is necessary to know how to authenticate Louis Vuitton handbags if you don’t want to spend your money fake bags.
How to check authenticity of Louis Vuitton Handbag
- The only thing I can find to authenticity a Louis Vuitton handbags is their date code. The date code can be found on the interior or exterior side of the bag, mostly on the interior side. The date code consists of letter and numbers which represent the date of production and the location. For example, “SD2057” which indicates that factory is located in USA and the date of production is 25th week of 2007
- Factory location and codes (It is not the complete list)
- France: A0, A1, A2, AA, AAS (Special Order), AH, AN, AR, AS, BA, BJ, BU, DR, DU, DR, DT, CO, CT, CX, ET, FL, LW, MB, MI, NO, RA, RI, SD, SF, SL, SN, SP, SR, TJ, TH, TR, TS, VI, VX
- Germany: LP, OL
- Italy: BC, BO, CE, FO, MA, OB, RC, RE, SA, TD
- Spain: CA, LO, LB, LM, LW,
- Switzerland: DI, FA
- USA: FC, FH, LA, OS, SD, FL
I will update this post with more designers authenticity detail so make sure you stay connected. Meanwhile don’t forget to check How to Clean Your Designer Laptop Bag